Suggestion

Comments and suggestions to help improve 10FF.
UrbanFlash

Suggestion

Post by UrbanFlash » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 am

I started using 10fastfingers the other day and I like it. There are however a few things that I want to suggest. I find it annoying having to restart the typing test with the mouse every time. It would be very nice if I could start another test by just typing a code word, like "startagain" or something shorter. Also I'd like to keep typing without time limit, to really get in the flow, and then be able to glance at the average wpm for just the last minute somewhere. I think that would be a really great way to practice.

Linsk

Re: Suggestion

Post by Linsk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 am

Hi UrbanFlash,

You can reload the test simply by pressing the F5 key. ;)

To take long tests, you can use the "custom" mode. It's limited to 10 minutes, but it's already pretty enough. If you want more time, you can extend the duration directly in the address bar by changing the number in seconds ("https://.../widget/typingtest?dur=600&...").

UrbanFlash

Post by UrbanFlash » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks for the info, where is it available? Shouldn't this be in the FAQ or something? There might be a lot more that I have missed.

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:47 pm

You're welcome! True that this information is not given anywhere and could be included in the FAQ.