(Video) Chak wins EPIC 10-Hour Tournament in grueling Showdown with Sean Wrona!

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
pphanfx

(Video) Chak wins EPIC 10-Hour Tournament in grueling Showdown with Sean Wrona!

Post by pphanfx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Hail 10FastFingers citizens,

History was made on Feb 2 in the largest Esport Typing Tournament in many years, with a prize pool of ~$2000 and a live stream viewer count of 270 max. It was a grueling and exhausting battle of the ages (literally). The age discrepancy between the youngest and oldest competitors was nearly 30 years, and you couldn't tell just from watching the typing. It pitted the upcoming Nitrotype Generation against the elites of 10FF and Typeracer - and we were not disappointed. Ultimately, the advantages of youth may have been a deciding factor.

Full Stream video

The 16-year-old Chak fought back from 3 grueling sets down to wear down an exhausted Sean Wrona at 3:30am EST and claim the Championship. The viewing audience reached nearly 200 live viewers and averaged ~140. The final battle could have gone either way and both finalists should be proud.

Winners:
  1. Chak: X-Bows Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard PLUS $100 cash, Das Keyboard 5Q smart
  2. Sean Wrona: X-Bows Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard, Spacecat Designs $125 VISA Card
  3. Mako: X-Bows Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard, £50 Gift coupon from Mechboards.co.uk
  4. Kathy: Das Keyboard 5Q Smart, Typeracer Premium 12-month
  5. Sidd: Das Keyboard 5Q Smart, Typeracer Premium 12-month
  6. Eikomaniac: Das Keyboard 5Q Smart, Typeracer Premium 12-month
  7. Leonidas: Das Keyboard 5Q Smart
Multiple prize winners were also in the audience, as we gave out 8 Keyboards!
View Bracket and Results

Thank you all for watching, participating, and enjoying our sport culture. Happy to chat with any of you in Discord if you have any thoughts, ideas, feedback on how we can continue to grow the typing esport. Who knows - soon a sponsored 10FF tournament? hmm....
Last edited by pphanfx on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 31 times in total.

Phenomenal

Re: Watch/Participate in Typing Tournament for prizes, Feb 2 2019 3:00pm PST.

Post by Phenomenal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Sounds cool.

bORNZOR

Re: Typing Tournament Feb 2, Watch or Participate and WIN Cash & keyboards!

Post by bORNZOR » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Thanks for your effort in first place i would love to participate but as a non english native speaker I will just simply loose against you guys! If you need more people to participate let me know thought I would enter in this case! But therefore i would rather let the people participate that are native english tongues or capable of typing 170+ wpm in not their native language.

cheers

pphanfx

Post by pphanfx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Bornzor! You are more than welcome to bring some German firepower and of course Nico will mention you are competing in a SECOND language which is no less impressive. In fact, we *may* have one competitor from Germany (competitors revealed in a couple of days). In our e-sport network community there are some European legends, despite English not being their first language. In any case, please tune into the stream for fun, and there is a giveaway to one random stream member.

bORNZOR

Post by bORNZOR » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:22 pm

alright! Well I wanna help the typing community as I use those pages for the longest time now so I decided to register anyways!I would love to participate and represent a german typist! If you ever wanna expand into german sections let me know! I would love to help and use some of my experience :)

bORNZOR

pphanfx

Post by pphanfx » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Thank you Bonzor for representing Europe. This will tell the sponsors and the viewers that our sport is needed around the world.
Everybody who applies and is accepted (announced 1/27) will receive a confirmation email (please make sure a usable email was used and double-check SPam folder). Nico and staff are reviewing signups and screening racer TR profiles for qualification.
DISCORD IS MANDATORY so event staff can issue assignments to racerooms.
A Mandatory Check-In time will be imposed so we can start as promptly as possible.

bORNZOR

Re: Typing Tournament Feb 2 feat. SEAN WRONA! Watch or Participate and WIN Cash & keyboards!

Post by bORNZOR » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 am

oh i didnt made it :( well good luck for everybody!

pphanfx

Re: Typing Tournament Feb 2 feat. SEAN WRONA! Watch or Participate and WIN Cash & keyboards!

Post by pphanfx » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 am

Bornzor - it looks like the competition bracket filled up before your application in. :cry:
In any case, please watch and root for your favorite racers.
We do have at least one representing Germany as well.

bORNZOR

Post by bORNZOR » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:39 pm

I will!!! Thanks you anyways :) I quite know some of the german racers I hope it will be someone familiar:) well anyways good luck to you guys i hope thsi will be a success let the sport grow!

cheers