Dvorak question

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
overthetop

Re: Dvorak question

Post by overthetop » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Linkbane wrote:
overthetop wrote:
Linkbane wrote:I would strongly recommend the use of only the left thumb. in Dvorak, because your left hand does not move much at all, it can be used for this purpose. The right hand must move much more, and it makes no sense for it to be confined by the spacebar when the left hand can use it also.
Good typing to the other two Dvorak typists on this site. ;)

Did you adjust yourself of using the left thumb or you used it before you started dvorak?

I initially just used whatever was comfortable, but I realized that it was uncomfortable and slower to use the right hand.

I have just tried to use the left one and I can't even get 40 wpm :). How much time took use to get used to.

TheUltimate11YrOld

Re: Dvorak question

Post by TheUltimate11YrOld » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:44 am

Tip: If you really want to learn DVORAK, Take a break from typing for a bit, then DO NOT TYPE ON A QWERTY. (If you have to type.) The break should be 1 - 2 days, then stare at the DVORAK keyboard for about 4 - 12 minutes, then practice fixing your key, it should work, since the 1 - 2 break will get your mind off of the qwerty layout and if you don't write on qwerty for awhile, you're going to get good with DVORAK, but I'm trying to reach as high as possible with qwerty...

Hope this atleast helps to the minorest extent.

~That one kid who just got 98 WPM.~